As a follow-up:
I'm grouping Patience and Discipline together; Patience is a sub-set of Discipline as I see it. For anyone else also working on these mega-goals, this is what I've found so far.
The tips I've seen largely have two common elements:
- Start small.
- Give yourself time to succeed. It's ok if you slip-- as long as you keep at it.
From experience, two more (admittedly very abstract) tips:
- Commit to someone else.
If your goal is to get to the gym regularly or the library early, plan to meet someone there. I bail on other people for 2% of the commitments I make only to myself.
- Make it a priority.
Block time in your calendar for it. If you are dreading the cold calls you need to make, set aside a realistic period of time to do it. Don't accept any meetings during that time, and don't let anyone interrupt you. Those distractions will just give you a reason to procrastinate.
Tue March 16 - Note: PenelopeTrunk posted on somewhat the same topic today.
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment