After an insane amount of traveling over April and May (I was home less than two weeks of those two months), I'm back in Toronto. For now. Time to re-set some objectives for the coming month.
1. Go camping at least once.
Some friends of mine are the camping type, and seem willing to take me along in spite of my status of "camping neophyte." Toronto is at its best in the summer, and since I don't expect to stick around, I want take advantage of the surrounding parks and wilderness while I can.
2. No stress about the ex.
I'm finally emerging from a long, drawn-out breakup. It's finally clear that it's finally over, and I want to think and behave that way-- in spite of the facts that 1/ I live super close to his house, 2/ I work super close to his office, and 3/ I'm good friends with his mom.
Looking forward to getting back in to the dating game.
3. Be patient and stick it out a few months.
I've finally been moved to a new business unit. We've also been acquired, again, by a new company. I'm impatient to figure out whether this new role is really a better place for me, but the new-unit transition is going to be hampered by the new-company transition, and I can't exactly hold my new manager accountable for the huge uncertainty related to the acquisition. I need to hold in my impatience a few more months to give this new role a real shot.
Deadline: mid/end of July.
4. Walk to work-- both ways.
I live about an hour's walk from work. Walking home is a breeze when the weather's nice, but getting myself up and ready early enough to walk to work in the morning can be a challenge. I'm going to do this at least 3x week, on top of my regular fitness routine, which I've been sorely missing due to all this traveling. Can't wait to get back to yoga!
- - - - - -
To participate in the meet-up:
1. Post a list of your career/life related goals for June, along with your checked off May goals if you’d like, on your own blog.
2. Go back to Brazen Careerist and leave a link to your post (*If you don’t have your own blog, feel free to share your list in the comments to join in!)
3. Then, check out everyone else’s lists as they leave comments - click their links, visit their blogs, say hello, meet, greet and support each other because that’s what it’s all about!
Thursday, June 03, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Hi Claire-Good luck with your goals-they sound very achievable. Thanks for visiting my blog as well. To answer your question about exercising every day-I make that non negotiable because I am writing and sitting at my computer a lot. I find that if I aim for 3 times a week I then argue with myself about which days I will exercise. So it's everyday, either a walk, gym, Zumba class, fitness class, or a swim. It requires a bit of planning but it works for me. I love yoga too-maybe I'll start that in July. Have a great month!
ReplyDelete