It's been a crazy 6 months: finalizing a difficult breakup, a lot of questioning and doubt, moving from Toronto to New York with the same miserable job, a LOT of traveling (SE Asia, Switzerland, East Coast cities) and finally, quitting that mess and taking a new AWESOME job in Singapore, where I have been since November. I accomplished a lot in the second half of 2010-- including moving on emotionally, putting myself in a work situation where I feel challenged and useful-- but have let other elements I had a handle on fall to the side.. namely, fitness. It always seems to be the first to go out the window for me.
So here's to trying again! I'm in a new place, working long hours at a job I really enjoy, and have no fitness routine to speak of. I do have a gym membership. It's a new year and while I never usually make resolutions, I have some clear goals for January 2011. The overarching one is to make a habit of going to the gym. I had a great routine in Toronto and it kept me sane through difficult months at work and at home.
1. Yoga or gym (cardio or weights) 5 times a week.
2. Schedule time for yoga & work-outs: put them in my calendar and stick to them!
3. Find a work-out buddy, or get a personal trainer. Once I'm in the gym I'm fine, but getting myself there regularly is a challenge. If I know someone will be waiting for me, I don't hem and haw about going.
4. Find other options for being active: find a good rock-climbing wall, pool and/or rec league to keep me moving.
To start this off right, I'm headed to the gym now.
Sunday, January 02, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment