Wednesday, January 27, 2010

January goals- UPDATE

1. Add ONE gym session a week to my current routine (4 weekly yoga classes and 1 cardio.) It can be weights or cardio, but I have to go.
Caveat: I'm going on a trekking vacation the last week of the month, so I won't have access to the gym.. but since I'll be exercising, I can still hold to this!

Result: total failure. I maintained my usual routine but added zero sessions of anything. Pooh. There is hope for February, though: I'm going to start rock-climbing, hopefully with a crew of sorts. Turning a workout into a social outing basically ensures I'll show, so I am optimistic. Plus I've been wanting to rock-climb since I was 15.

2. Make a decision re: my current job by the end of the month. (I know I haven't yet explained my career conundrum, but I will in soon-to-come posts.) 
Result: made a short-term decision, which is about as much as I can ask for right now. I've decided to push hard to get sent to my company's Manila office for at least 6 months. If that doesn't work out, I'll need to reassess.
I still need to elucidate my career situation, but have been stalling as it's a big source of doubt an uncertainty in my life now, which means I don't feel I have the perspective to write about it yet. Maybe this post specifically should be a goal for Feb..

3. 1 blog post a month.. baby steps!
Well, asides from the monthly goal-meet up posts, I haven't posted. But those are still posts, so I consider this to be accomplished. Now I have to keep it up! There are plenty of topics I want to write about (Agency, my current career/life conundrum, work-life blur, How to handle a quarter-life crisis, ...), so it's about making the time.

- - - - - - 

To participate in the meet-up:
1. Post a list of your career/life related goals for March, along with your checked off February goals if you’d like, on your own blog.
2. Go back to Brazen Careerist and leave a link to your post (*If you don’t have your own blog, feel free to share your list in the comments to join in!)
3. Then, check out everyone else’s lists as they leave comments - click their links, visit their blogs, say hello, meet, greet and support each other because that’s what it’s all about!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm regarding #3,you have totally piqued my interest regarding whatever your work/life issue is. I keep hunting around the blog for clues. lol, like "aha! has something to do with relocation in Manila" and "hmmm, her career choice must involve sexy faces to some degreee" lol. Looking forward to the blogs you share about that in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah- I don't mean to be sneaky, I just know I need to explain/address it adequately, otherwise my comments on the situation won't make much sense.. Honestly, I'm glad someone's interested! :) It's encouraging.

    ReplyDelete