Friday, April 09, 2010

April & May goals

I'm on the road 3 weeks in April and 3 in May. I tend to be really busy on trips and don't take much time to reflect. Plus my routine is all disrupted. So these goals will have to do for both April and May. I'll update in a few weeks if I'm making good progress and can take more on.

1. Maintain some sort of fitness routine.
I'm traveling, so I need to find something I can take with me. This probably means I should take up running (ack), and be very disciplined about doing my personal workouts. Mostly I attend classes at my gym, so once I show up, I know I'll work out. This will be tougher.

2. Apply to 1 job a week. I just found out I didn't make it to the second-round interviews for a job I really had my heart set on, and was a good fit for. I want to keep my chin up and look ahead.

3.  Get on top of my travel planning. This is almost only valid for the next 6 or 7 days. I leave for 5 weeks on a multi-country/-purpose trip: 3 weeks in Manila (working), 1 in Vietnam and 1 in Cambodia (vacationing.) There are a bunch of shots I need to get and small logistical matters I need to take care of before leaving.

4. Scaling down the blogging objective, as I'm going to be extra-busy: two blog posts that are not about monthly goals.

5. ENJOY the trip! I'm super excited and really want to make sure I savor the moment and don't get caught up in my all-encompassing musings about jobs and career directions, as has been the case of late.



Good luck!

- - - - - - 
To participate in the meet-up:
1. Post a list of your career/life related goals for March, along with your checked off February goals if you’d like, on your own blog.
2. Go back to Brazen Careerist and leave a link to your post (*If you don’t have your own blog, feel free to share your list in the comments to join in!)
3. Then, check out everyone else’s lists as they leave comments - click their links, visit their blogs, say hello, meet, greet and support each other because that’s what it’s all about!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Claire,

    I saw your message and replied on Brazen Careerist but it gave an error about "Email not sent" or something along those lines. Hopefully you got my reply!

    Conor

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks about the job, but 5 weeks traveling through Asia?!?! Suck it up for all it's worth -- because you don't want to bogged down & worried about jobs and "real life" while you're traveling, unless of course you want to take the traveling time to reflect. Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carlee! I am _pretty pscyched_ as you can imagine. Should be fantastic. Real life can wait-- or maybe that IS real life? That's certainly what I've been thinking lately..

    I've also planned a few meetings with people I'm interested in working with/for during this trip, so it's serving triple duty (work, networking, vacation.) Yeah. I'm psyched.

    ReplyDelete